Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
TheScullster wrote:
What sort of arrangement is required/expected at the ends of the beam
for support? I seem to remember talk of padstones and also the need to
pack up the beam ends with slate (if adjustment is necessary) and not
simply rest the steel on a mortar bed. Also I expect it will be
necessary to "build in", ie brick fully around the beam end profile to
achieve solid fixing.

I've seen all sorts of fancy pads specified for the beam to sit on, but in
most cases removing bricks etc to the required size of the padstone,
shuttering to just above the beam base then ramming in a suitable concrete
mix will be fine. Assuming a normal brick wall, either side of the beam
and the top should be made good with brick bats and mortar.

--
*I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.