jim rozen

In article , Dave Hinz says...

I've stated my proposal a couple of times; maybe you missed it. Give
sellers an option for their auctions which will automatically extend the
end-time of the auction by 15 minutes if any bids come in within 15
minutes of the end of the auction. Gives the buyers a chance to win the
auction without turning it into a contest of who has the fastest network
connection, or the best sniping software. Just like a real auction -
they keep the bidding open until nobody else wants to bid. Last person
to raise it, gets the item.

I mean, it's been done that way for a few centuries at least, maybe
there's something to it.

Other auction houses do this right now. Folks can sell and buy
using them - but I never would. Ebay gives the sellers enough
advantage because of the huge buyer pool. The other auction
houses (that extend auction times) don't have that buyer pool
because folks recognize that ebay does provide some benefits for
the buyers because auctions do end at a particular time. This
is a good example of true free-market economics at work.

Jim

please reply to: