Dave Hinz

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:15:18 -0400, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On 11 Jul 2005 15:01:16 GMT, the renowned Dave Hinz
wrote:

And there's always some asshole who comes in with "Everyone else is
doing it, so screw you". Yup. Doesn't mean I have to bend over and
take it.

What do you propose to do then?

I've stated my proposal a couple of times; maybe you missed it. Give
sellers an option for their auctions which will automatically extend the
end-time of the auction by 15 minutes if any bids come in within 15
minutes of the end of the auction. Gives the buyers a chance to win the
auction without turning it into a contest of who has the fastest network
connection, or the best sniping software. Just like a real auction -
they keep the bidding open until nobody else wants to bid. Last person
to raise it, gets the item.

I mean, it's been done that way for a few centuries at least, maybe
there's something to it.