mike ring

"David Lang" wrote in
.uk:

Hi All

Why is beer sold in 440 ml cans?

500ml - half a litre I can understand, 568 ml - a pint I can
understand, but 440 ml doesn't convert to anything!

Don't start me!

I bloody LOATHE the 440 size. 500 makes 2 nice civilised glasses in
whatever size they make that size of glass in. But they do, and sell them
in Woolies.
(No , it's not the medication, *I* know what I'm going on about innit!)

But 440 is a useless rubbishy green meany size.

I was told the reason supermarkets like 440s is that 500 is a popular size
for smuggling, so the marts can _look_ honest.... Har, har.

Well the folks what smuggle obviously know what's best, why waste your time
stuffing the trannie with a manky size of can?

Oh, dear, I TOLD you not to get me going.

mike