Heh, I have exactly the same issue as you regarding the wife.

Anyway, the ideas seem to be getting too far fetched for me, the
average Jo at home, simply wanting to put the pool up for the kids over
summer. Solar heating sounds the best, but of course that only works
now the weather's perked up. For the last week I've had a pool staying
cold in the grey weather!!

Actually, I might dig up the garden and install under-garden heating
using a coal-fuelled furnace pumping hot air round sub-terranean
chambers. Them Romans wrote the book on environmental heating
solutions, surely...

Boz