Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:57:37 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

.... snip
Given that it typically takes me a year's worth of weekends, holidays,
and vacation times to complete a major project, the idea of spending one
year building a full-scale prototype with full joinery, then spending the
second year building the real thing seems, somehow, un-appealing.

.... snip

I surely would not do everything twice, but there are good reasons to make
at least a partial of tricky parts. .

That I do. I've done so with some tricky curved raised panel doors and
also for the tombstone style panels I used on the side a piece. Also spent
a lot of time making up some prototype dovetailed boxes to get the hang of
the Liegh jig before committing to the real wood for the drawers I was
making.

Another tool to be used as needed.

Very good way to put it.