william_b_noble

"operator error" - apparently the NG engine uses something other than the
title to determine if a post is part of a thread or not - you will notice
that I changed the title - I hit the "reply" button by accident and just
changed the title - some day I'll read the NTTP protocol document and maybe
know exactly what happened - on my browser this shows up as a new thread,
but apparently not on some others - sigh ..... such is life
happy turning
bill
wrote in message
oups.com...

Owen Lowe wrote:

SNIP

Robert, when new subject messages are posted within other messages and
don't have anything to do with the main thread, I usually attribute it
to operator error. I think that's what happened here with Bill Noble's
post - I don't think there was any intention to take attention away from
the concern over Lyn's health.

SNIP

Maybe so. I might be a little sensitive to the subject as Lyn has has
been around on this and other venues for years now, furiously typing
away his findings and opinions in a very lucid and detailed fashion.

He has helped a great deal of people, myself included, by posting
actual qualitative research he has performed for himself on many
different subjects related to woodturning.

Best of all as most here know, due to the clarity and confidence of his
tone when writing, he had the ability to engender some truly "inspired"
and "spirited" threads. All with no profanity or personal shots at
anyone.

I will go with you on this one. Operator error. Lord knows I have
been guilty of that many a time myself.

Robert