Rod Speed

Doug Kanter wrote in
message ...
Doug Miller wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
Doug Miller wrote
Doug Kanter wrote

I didn't suggest a smaller engine. I suggested a number of other things,
like programming ***SOME*** models of SUVs to shift like a car instead of
a truck. Let me know if you don't understand this.

What I don't understand is why you think that changing the drive train from
RWD/4WD to FWD - while keeping the *same* engine - is going to have some
mystical enormous effect on fuel mileage. It just doesn't work that way.

Who said "mystical"? I believe it's you that's been focused on what a small
difference it would make. But, what if you made 3 simple changes to a
vehicle, and together they added, say, 20% more gas mileage?

Changing the drive train from RWD to FWD is very, very far from being a
"simple change".

Zzzzzzzzzz.........

Wake up, dozy.....

90% of SUV owners would be better off with FWD.

By **** all in fact on their fuel bill. And they'd save MUCH
more by having one of the non SUV FWD cars too.

Making the change for millions of vehicles is very cost effective.

No point. They already pay a lot more in lousy
fuel economy with those steaming turds on wheels.