Abe

What's less expensive, filter-wise, filtering only the water you 'need' or
filtering all the cold water out of the tap?

I don't know for sure, but I spend $30 a year and never worry about putting
the filter in the right position. Those cartridges for the smaller units
are not very cheap.

If Ed's install is similar to mine (OmniFilter), there's a separate
spout mounted on the sink deck for filtered water. Only the water I
want to filter gets filtered. I go through 2 filter changes a year,
which costs about 45.00 and is VERY good filtration.