miamicuse

I have no idea. Bought the house in 1999 and it was already there, so at
least six years.

Not sure I want to hire a plumber to fix it when it may be better to just
replace it with a new unit. I am pretty handy for the most part, but
electrical is not my strong point, do they all have standard fittings if I
buy a new unit? There is an electrical cord coming from behind the cabinet
wall into the unit, not sure how to detach that and hook it to a new unit.

MC

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I located the reset switch. Turns out the first time I looked I thought
that was a screw. Anyways the disposal is back on, but when I turned it
on,
it grinds for about 2 seconds and then the noise dropped to a whistle,

as
if
the motor is weakened and about to die...it does not seem to function as
well, is this a jammed condition or something else is wrong?

Most machines have an auto reverse if it is going to jam. It moves, so I
don't think that is the problem. How old is the unit? Could be the motor
bearings on the way out.