mike ring

Default increase hot water pressure

(harry) wrote in
om:

Great for the info, but can i ask, how low shoud the pump be position
from the hot water drain off from the cylinder, and where can i get a
flow switch device and where do you connect this device as well as
wiring such an item. And is it really necessary for a flange.

Appreciate the answer so far.

Arif

Me, too, but I've got a question or two.

I started asking about installing a new h/w cylinder, moved on to a
nunvented cylinder, thence to heatbank, but they all seem a bit big and
ugly for me - and all I really want is a bit more flow on the hot water;
so I would like to think again about a vented cylinder plus pump.

But I'm worried about sucking air - surely if my manky flow is due to
lack of head, then pulling more out will mean that the header tank will
not be able to keep up, and air _will_ be sucked in, or am I missing
something?

I already use a pumped shower off my cold tank, and have no problem but
I'd have to empty the tank before I had trouble as I drain from the
bottom of the tank. And as the hot tank is closed it seems there might
be a problem.

However, I would love to give this a go as it seems more within my
capabilities, and stock heatbanks seem too big for my cupboard.

So can anyone help with the practicalities - the flow detector and how
to wire it; sketches for a practical system, etc?

I would like to use one pump to pressurise just two taps (its all the
hot taps I've got. If successful maybe to add a shower, but that seems
to be a whole new can of worms.

TIA

mike