Charlie S.

wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 16:35:46 GMT, "Charlie S."
wrote:

I usually add telephone jacks by connecting one previously installed jack

Why do you need a jack for your telephone? Is it really that heavy?
I have never seen the need for a jack, I just pick my phone up and
carry it. However, if you really do need a jack for it, any
automotive bumper jack or hydraulic floor jack should lift a
telephone.

Good point. Someone else brought up the same point to me. I'm assuming you
mean why not use a cordless phone and carry it around with you. The basic
reason is the phone is used by my elderly father. He has difficulty
hearing. And, no matter how clear these cordless phones are, they generally
don't match the clarity and/or loudness of a corded phone. Also, the
cordless phones bring with them other problems, like they run out of charge
and must be put back in the recharge unit. And, carrying them around is a
nuisance and difficult for someone walking with a cane or walker. That
said, he does have a cordless phone. With more jacks installed he doesn't
need to carry the cordless phone around everywhere he walks to in the house.
Plus, one less wire extension running across the middle of the floor (to
support one of the current corded phone he uses) decreases the chances of
him tripping.

By the way, he uses a block and tackle to lift up one of his phones:-)