Jim Yanik

Ford Prefect wrote in
news

Rod Speed wrote:

Ford Prefect wrote

Buck Turgidson wrote

Imagine the 300 billion (probably end up close to 600 billion) used
for alternative energy research instead of spending it on the war,
Halliburton, etc. Had we spent the money there, we wouldn't need
these sultans, emirs, ayatollahs, etc.

The problem is that much of the alternative energy options are easy
for the individual to use, but difficult for the mega corps to
control distribution. There is no money in it for them if you or I
can produce our own power, heat & fuel.

Mindless conspiracy theory.

The reality is that it just aint practical to 'produce our own power,
heat & fuel' and that amount of money wouldnt do anything useful on
that.

Even say replacing all S facing roofs with solar cells wouldnt do it.

Depends on your usage of energy, insulation etc. We built a solar
powered house totally off the grid in Canada with only eight 100 watt
panels and a small back up generator. The fuel costs averaged less
than $10.00 per month from November to March. We calculated adding
four to more panels would have made the generator an expensive door
stop.

What works in Canada is not always going to work in other locations.
I also wonder what you had to give up to achive such economy.
TANSTAAFL.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik