Steve

The Real Bev wrote:
Yeah, I DO have a problem with those commercials, especially if they're made
with tax money. With a few exceptions, such things are so heavy-handed that
they inspire rebellion rather than compliance. I stopped smoking because I
got angry about the idea that the officers of tobacco companies were wearing
$1K suits obtained by selling me my own death a carton at a time. I don't set
fires in forests. I speed when I can get away with it. I tear the tags off
sofa cushions.

Ok, I was with you right up until that last line. If everyone engaged
in such irresponsible behavior as tearing off sofa tags, where would
it all end? Would mattresses be next?!