Pop

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in
message
Choreboy wrote:
I was amazed to discover only wood under the shingles
of my house,
which was redone about fifteen years ago.

A neighbor said several roofers have told him that's
the best way to
do it, and he intends to nail his shingles directly
to his planks in
the future. Roofers have told him roofing felt
shortens the life of
shingles by causing them to get hotter in the day.

I don't believe the felt makes shingles hotter, but
I wonder about
moisture. Is it possible that in some
circumstances, the layer of
felt can make shingles more hospital to fungi?

Has anyone else heard the theory that it's better to
skip the felt?

BS. Use the felt.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe some manufacturers
require felt or the warrantee is void.

=== ALL mfgs that I've looked at, plus ice rubber
around here.
He's either gettng BS or is testing out a BS idea. I
can't beleive many people have said that! Asphalt et
al shingles WILL NOT be guanranteed to keep water out
without felt.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit