Jim Yanik

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .

I believe most of the US-imported oil currently comes from Canada
and Venezuela.And Mexico.

Supplied Domestically 38.2 %
Canada 9.2 %
Saudi Arabia 8.0 %
Venezuela 7.8 %
Mexico 7.0 %
Nigeria 4.5 %
Iraq* 3.7 %
United Kingdom 2.9 %
Norway 2.4 %
Colombia 2.7 %
Angola 2.0 %
All Other Countries 11.6 %

The numbers aren't hard to find online, but who cares? If it were
true, that would eliminate Curious George's only remaining reason
for our presence in Iraq. We can't have that happening - reality
shifting based on actual physical facts.

Ah,you don't know what the real facts are.
And you are mistaken about the Iraq war being about oil,along with
many of your other assumptions.

Well, let's see.....

1) Save the Iraqi people from further violence caused by their evil
leader. We succeeded at that. But, we've broken open a hornet's nest,

Iraq already was a "hornet's nest".Daddam had agreements with Al-Queda to
operate in side Iraq as long as they didn't operate against Iraq.Iraq
supported terrorism,gave shelter and safe harbor to terrorists,and was
working on WMD.

and Iraqis are being killed pretty much every day. And, we've done
pretty much NOTHING in places like Africa where genocide was taking
place right on television.

Ask yourself why the *UN* or even the Euros ignore Africa.(or Bosnia) But
the UN -did- have many resolutions against Iraq,and were corrupted by the
Oil-for-Food program into inaction.
After 9-11,Iraq would be a haven for terrorism.
Al-Queda is not just there for the heck of it.

I wonder why we ignored those other
countries. Maybe because we already have all the sorghum we need?

2) Deal with terrorism: You will now say "Well, you haven't seen a
terrorist attack in this country since we cleaned up Iraq, right?" My
response: They'll do it whenever they want, just as they did in London
a couple of days ago.

3) Deal with WMDs. Let's not even go there, OK?

4) Contain Saddam. No. He was already contained.

No,he was not,even the Duelfer Report agreed that he wans't deterred by UN
sanctions.If you actually READ it,and not just news reports of sound bytes
from it.

And, his lousy
attitude gave us one of the best development and training environments
the Air Force could've hoped for. Fly over all day long, bomb the
snots out of radar installations with pretty much NO loss of life,
test new electronics and munitions without any complaints from anyone
about upsetting endangered frogs in the American desert - perfect.

Here's something fishy. Your president began waving his dick and
making threats about 6 months before the invasion. One moment, his
sitters were insinuating that they didn't trust the U.N. to achieve
anything meaningful with Iraq. The next moment, your president would
say he was giving the U.N. one last chance to do whatever it is he
wanted them to do. So: "They're pansies and we don't believe in their
abilities, but we'll sit and wait".

Meanwhile, he gave the so-called enemy plenty of time to get ready.
Something stinks. There was a reason for waiting so long, and it is
NOT the "it takes time to plan an invasion" nonsense.

Heck,Clinton gave Iraq plenty of time to "get ready";UN sanctions were in
effect for 12 YEARS before we finally decided that nothing was being
achieved by them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik