Rex's Mom

Rick wrote:

wrote in message oups.com...

Make sure the hot water valve is all the way open. Check the hoses,
sometimes they have screen washers in them that can be plugged. Hook
up a garden hose and verify that water is indeed flowing. If all that
works, and you are getting at least some hot water in, it's likely the
solenoid/valve for the hot water. They don't cost too much, if you can
DIY. Otherwise, I'd either put up with it or get a new machine, as at
17 years, I doubt it's worth the cost of a repair call. I'd bet it
would be min of $100 to fix.

Also check the machine specs and see if anything along the lines
of "energy saver" is mentioned. The lack of hot water flow may
be by design (e.g. a flow restrictor on the hot water line).

Thank you all for the thoughts/suggestions. I am pretty good
at DIY, but sometimes I JUST DON'T WANT TO.

Will probably live with it for the time being, but it has
been annoying and I kept wondering who I should contact.

Don't think the machine is ready for replacement and my
appliance repair guy and I have an agreement - he will tell
me when it is no longer worth spending money on my laundry
appliances. Since I live in a fairly small town and he
depends on good reputation, have found that the majority of
tradesmen are honest and fair.

--

Rex's Mom