Doug Kanter

"The Real Bev" wrote in message

So, I'm sure you would have no problem with similar commercials aimed at
informing clueless consumers of things they did not know about vehicles.

You can't inform the clueless of anything worth informing them about. It
doesn't work and just makes them angry. Figure out how to make them learn
rather than absorb propaganda and you might have something.

By the time someone's old enough to drive, it's too late to help them learn
better learning tactics. That's a job for parents when a child is very
small.

And, if you considered that to be a form of control, you really need to
get
with a good psychologist.

There's a difference between persuasion and control. We already have too
many
laws and too much interference with our personal lives. If somebody wants
control something new, then he better be prepared to relinquish control
over
something equivalently pervasive.

A ****load of advertising dollars say otherwise.