The Real Bev

Duane Bozarth wrote:

SoCalMike wrote:

wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

Buck Turgidson wrote:

I dunno about you dude, but my next car will be a D-8 Catepillar. Ain't
nothing safer than that. Just get in my way....I dare ya'.

You're on!

http://www.kennecott.com/library_photo_gallery4.html upper left picture

Hate to quibble but a D-8 would win.

i think the D8 would get squished.

I think so too...a D8 is roughly 20-22 tons (short) while one of these
goes at about 75,000 lb empty. I think they have a payload of 40-50
tons, so a loaded one would be in the neighborhood of 80-90 tons...

The blurbs say that Kennecott's Cat haulers can carry a 240-ton payload.

Any earth-moving equipment aficionados know who bought out the LeTourneauDozer
people?

--
Cheers, Bev
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a