Rod Speed

Doug Kanter wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
Rod Speed wrote
FDR wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
HeyBub wrote
PaPaPeng wrote

The US was free from problems with Muslims since its founding
until
9-11.

And where do you think the refrain "...to the shores of Tripoli..."
comes from? We were at war with Muslims withing the first 25 years
of
our existence.

" Tripolitania was one of the outposts for the Barbary pirates
who raided Mediterranean merchant ships or required them to pay
tribute. In 1801, the pasha of Tripoli raised the price of tribute,
which led to the Tripolitan war with the United
States. When the peace treaty was signed on June 4, 1805, U.S. ships
no longer had to pay tribute to Tripoli. "

Is that the war you're referring to? It was a war over money, called
"tribute" in this example. It had nothing to do with Islamic
anything,

They were however muslims, so Peng's claim is just plain pig
ignorant.

any more than a mafia don's catholic upbringing has to do
with his insistence that some profits get kicked upstairs.

Peng just said 'problem with Muslims'

I could just see Bin Laden and his buddies sitting there and stewing
over Tripoli. Yeah right.

Irrelevant to Peng's stupid pig ignorant claim.

Maybe he was thinking about the fact that our troops spent some time in
or
near Tripoli in WWII.

I doubt it, and that was problem with krauts, not moslems anyway.

But, that would be problems with Lutherans, or whatever the major
religion
was in Germany at the time.
:-)

The real problem was with the non religious krauts who started the war.

I was keeping the analogy as similar as possible.

Even you should be able to bull**** your way out of
your predicament better than that pathetic effort.

He mentioned Tripoli as an example of a problem with Muslims.

He mentioned Tripoli as an example of a problem with
moslems just 25 years after american independance.

Oh, I see.

No you dont.

You're focused on the years,

Because thats what matters with that pig ignorant claim Peng made.

and the fact that the guy who cranked up the bribe money HAPPENED TO BE a
Muslim.

Thats what matters with Peng's pig ignorant
claim about PROBLEMS WITH MUSLIMS.

So, if he had been Catholic, would it have been a problem with Catholics?

Corse it would.

Or would it then be a problem with navigation rights,

Pirates aint about 'navigation rights'

which, by the way, is the ONLY problem that caused the little war.

Wrong again. The problem was with pirates.

Exposing Peng's pig ignorant silly stuff for what it is.

I mentioned our later presence in Tripoli as a problem with Lutherans.

Pity those krauts that started that particular war werent even lutherans.

The particular religion is irrelevant.

Nope.

Pick the religion and get over it.

Work on your bull****ting 'skills'

Doesn't matter if every German soldier we met in the desert was atheist,
Lutheran, or Catholic. I was pushing his stupid comment to the absurd. It
worked.

Nope, it was completely irrelevant to the moslems
he quite accurately showed were a problem only
25 years after america even existed.

No.

Yep.

It was a problem with a guy who was the equivalent of a mob boss
who runs a piece of Brooklyn, and wanted his cut of the shipping
profits. He happened to be a Muslim. To draw any similarities between
that situation and today's mess, you have to be a complete moron.

Pity no one was doing anything even remotely resembling anything like that.

ALL Peng ever did was claim that there hadnt been any PROBLEMS WITH
MUSLIMS PRIOR TO 9/11 and made a VERY spectacular fool of himself
when he flaunted his complete pig ignorance of history when he did.