Doug Kanter

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

He mentioned Tripoli as an example of a problem with Muslims.

He mentioned Tripoli as an example of a problem with
moslems just 25 years after american independance.

Oh, I see. You're focused on the years, and the fact that the guy who
cranked up the bribe money HAPPENED TO BE a Muslim. So, if he had been
Catholic, would it have been a problem with Catholics? Or would it then be a
problem with navigation rights, which, by the way, is the ONLY problem that
caused the little war.

Exposing Peng's pig ignorant silly stuff for what it is.

I mentioned our later presence in Tripoli as a problem with Lutherans.

Pity those krauts that started that particular war werent even lutherans.

The particular religion is irrelevant. Pick the religion and get over it.

Doesn't matter if every German soldier we met in the desert was atheist,
Lutheran, or Catholic. I was pushing his stupid comment to the absurd. It
worked.

Nope, it was completely irrelevant to the moslems
he quite accurately showed were a problem only
25 years after america even existed.

No. It was a problem with a guy who was the equivalent of a mob boss who
runs a piece of Brooklyn, and wanted his cut of the shipping profits. He
happened to be a Muslim. To draw any similarities between that situation and
today's mess, you have to be a complete moron.