Lobster

Default Earth bonding cable - minimum size?

Hi

Just completing a house wiring job, I've now got myself a tad confused
about what size of earth cable I should be using to bond the incoming
gas and water pipes to the main earth near the electric meter. I've
already used 10mm, but have got myself worried that this isn't big
enough and would rather get it right now than have the inspector tell
me to change it later (it's not a trivial task, as the gas and
electric meters are at opposite ends of the house!)

The electricity installation is new (and not yet connected to the CU),
and it's PME. The earth cable is completely protected mechanically
along its length... is there any other info needed to assess the
correct earth size? Or do I need to ask the supply company, ahich is
what the stuff at www.tlc-direct.co.uk seems to be suggesting?

Many thanks
David