Rod Speed

Doug Kanter wrote
The Real Bev wrote
max wrote
wrote

That sounds right to me. Who are you to decide what vehicle is
right for someone else? Once you start that process, then we
should go take a look at everything people own and do. Is that
ski trip to Colorado necessary? Or should one drive to a ski
resort that's closer? How about driving the family to the beach
every weekend in the summer? Maybe we should close places like
Disneyland, since not only does it use a lot of unnecessary energy,

And that's how politics in America works.

If someone suggests that SUV's are a bad idea and that we ought to use less
gasoline, the next thing you get is "why do you want to
close disneyland and throw me in jail for going to Steamboat??"

Because that's the end result of one group of people deciding what's moral
for everybody and it's our civic duty to point that out whenever the
opportunity arises.

That's pretty extreme. Here's a more moderate idea.

Its still a dud.

You've seen public service commercials about forest fires, the dangers of
tobacco, etc. You have no problem with those commercials,

I do, actually.

and they actually work over a period of time.

Only with the most extreme risks like smoking.

They wouldnt with SUVs because they cant do anything about
the reason most buy SUVs, they sit higher and feel safer.

So, I'm sure you would have no problem with similar commercials aimed
at informing clueless consumers of things they did not know about vehicles.

Your surety is misplaced. They would be a complete waste of money.

And, if you considered that to be a form of control, you really need to get
with a good psychologist.

If you consider that they will have any effect
on SUV buying, you really need to get a clue.