Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
--Pulling with one end in vise and the other held with vise grips
no workee. Bought a slide hammer today and will try that later; gotta take
SWMBO to the market first, sigh..

I'm going to predict the slide hammer will only work with
relatively short pieces of wire. Consider that until the
wire reaches its yield it acts like a spring. The longer
the wire, the more displacement required before reaching
yield; in response to an impulse a long wire will stretch
elastically, then resume its original shape. At best,
inertia may work in your favor to straighten a short
section of the wire adjacent to the slider.

Let us know what happens, I've stuck my neck out and
wouldn't mind having it lopped off in the name of progress.

Ned Simmons