SteveB

"Sven" wrote

That statement reminds me of something a fellow once told me. "I can't
wead or wight but I can weld" And weld he could he was an excellent welder
and repairman.
Steve
Steve

I was a welder's helper while working in the Gulf of Mexico during the
seventies. He could not read or write, but he could make two big pieces of
pipe come together at an angle and hit it to a very close degree. He could
cut out anything, and was a tremendous fitter/welder. He used sheets of
paper, a pencil and small pieces of soapstone.

He could have a piece of 12 inch pipe on deck that was going to tie into a
piece 50 feet up in the air. He could cut the 12 inch pipe so that when it
was hoisted into position, it only needed a little dressing up.

Byoootiful 7018 welds.

Steve