Ged

Default uPVC window trim adhesive

"Graeme" wrote in message ...
You know that plastic trim that double glazing fitters put on the inside of
your window when they want to cover the gap and damage that they've made to
your plaster and paintwork, what type of adhesive do they use to fit it?
Ta.

The adhesive that " Living Design " used was an acrylic filler. The
reason I know is 4 years ago when they installed our new double
glazing, they took off more plaster than the plastic fillers would
cover..About 1 foot more plaster on some windows!..So they left me
about 10 tubes of the stuff and all the plastic bits..Suffice to say
it has went of and another ideal replacement is to go into B&Q and
look for interior frame sealant or decorators Caulk or flexible
decorator filler...All pretty much the same things...Either bead it
with a nice wavy hand action all along the edge or do it in
splotches..Push against frame and wall and voila!!! Then using a wet
cloth, wipe up the excess that has squeezed out...Great smooth finish
and overpaintable if you desire

Ged