David

In article . com,
writes
Ok, many ideas given so far, and I've thought about the cost and
environmental aspect and decided not to go for an electric heater.

The pool cover I have is bright blue polythene and gets very hot in the
sun.

Would it be best to pull the cover taught over the pool so that it does
not touch the surface (i.e. a 6 inch gap between water and cover), or
let the cover sag so that it touches the water?

Or, is it better to let sunlight penetrate the water direct and remove
the cover during the sunshine?

I A-level physics, and we never covered swimming pool thermodynamics
;-) I got an E anyway, so even if we did I'd probably get it wrong !

Boz

I have the 15' version and am looking at the same issue, you can get
solar covers for these pools which heat the pool and insulate (its
coated bubble wrap by the look of it) BUT this isn't enough to get the
water up to a usable temp for the wife but every little helps. I am
working on a solution using the central heating perhaps an extra
cylinder with the pool water circulated through it or what about turning
the whole pool into a giant open cylinder by having a coil of hep2o
running around the bottom :-) I will probably end up with a solar
solution using black sheets under perspex with water running down them

--
David