Pete C

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:03:43 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:27:59 +0100, Pete C
wrote:
Anything really, bread, tomatoes, lettuce, olive oil, coffee beans,
bananas, cheese, even pepper corns.

So, ok, let's take one from the list that I don't mind (as in 'will
eat if handed to me but probably would never buy myself') .. bananas.

I wait till
a narna stops being green (told you 'green' wasn't a good thing g) ,
open it up and stuff it in my gob .. job done? I will eat them from
quite firm to nearly liquid (avoiding the brown bits) and 'enjoy' it
all the same (as in 3/10).

OK, give it half an hour on the web and see what you come up with:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&q=bananas&btnG=Search&meta=c r%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&q=bananas+flavour&btnG=Searc h&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&q=bananas+storage&btnG=Searc h&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

So, I wonder if it's that I rarely eat socially (just not my thing /
can't justify the time / cost for the return), don't actually taste
the same way *most* folk taste (whatever that means) or simply have no
intrest in treating the concept of keeping this machine running into a
hobby (like does my car really care what make / spec diesel I give
it?).

Well, to take bananas for an example, how many will you eat in a week,
month, year, lifetime?

Isn't half an hour spent on finding out more about them a good
investment of your time? More say than half an hour of TV watching or
posting to usenet

Thanks for your time Pete ;-)

No worries

cheers,