Doctor Evil

"Capitol" wrote in message

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The congestion tax is only 5 quid. Try finding anywhere to park for that
all day within the zone.

£8 from last Monday I believe.

It does what it says. It's also reduced congestion in surrounding

boroughs
as well by reducing commuting.

In your dreams, traffic surveys IIRC show traffic up on other routes
around the centre!

It will go down now it is £8.

It is destroying Central London as a great shopping
area. 20% loss of trade so far.

No one went into central London by car to shop during the week. Get real.
Place like Milton Keynes and Lakeside have taken trade.

I'm surprised you're so selfish you want unrestricted access by road
traffic where that traffic causes so much misery to the residents.

That's not what I read. If you do not reduce the population in London
and the necessity to commute, then London is not economically viable
without vast price or tax increases. The residents are the people who
are currently forced to live in heavily trafficked conditions by the
stupidity of the politicians and planning laws.

Some sense at last. Not allowing people to build on open land is the
problem. Government departments should be moved out. In fact the capital
should not be in London, it should be more central to the UK. One think
tank recommended at new location for the seat of government.