T i m

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:16:52 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all,

I was round a mates the other day and I noted a little (two seater)
garden bench upside down on the lawn and being watered by the
sprinkler (no, not their dog) ;-)

snipped

I do actually enjoy 'lost causes' ... if nothing but for the
satisfaction of seeing them 'reborn' ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

snipped

Floor boards cut to size and sanded to shape are cheap and just as good for
this type of project.

I womder if I could get away with the 'one free cut / board' and get a
shed to rip them down the length for me ;-)

They can be protected with a coating of teak oil once
a year as well, to keep them fresh.

How long does that take to 'dry' .. before it wouldn't mark clothes
etc? Can you also get a stain version (ie does it leave it looking
like pine?)

Good luck with it. I like the idea of resurrecting these types of things as
well.

Cheers fella ;-)

All the best ..

T i m