Doug Kanter

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Actually, I'm aware of ALL the reasons.

I'm sure that explains your silly statement that if SUVs were really
safer,
then the cops would be driving those instead.

introduces a higher likelihood of colliding with something (due simply to
the need to make faster decisions), would you rather be in a bulkier car
that MIGHT afford you more protection, or a car that's much less likely to
roll over? I'd choose "B". We're talking about two different aspects of
safety here.

I've driven a modified Crown Vic,
and I now drive what is essentially an SUV. Because I am the best
non-professional driver on the planet, I have fully absorbed even the most
minute differences between the two categories of vehicles.

Uh-huh. And yet it took you a while to figure out that 4WD won't keep you
out
of a ditch... A number of years ago, a study conducted by AAA showed that
over
80% of drivers think that they are better than average.

Without knowing a LOT more about the survey population, that statistic is
meaningless.