Duane Bozarth

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
That's pretty extreme. Here's a more moderate idea. You've seen public
service commercials about forest fires, the dangers of tobacco, etc.
You
have no problem with those commercials, and they actually work over a
period
of time.

So, I'm sure you would have no problem with similar commercials aimed
at
informing clueless consumers of things they did not know about
vehicles.
And, if you considered that to be a form of control, you really need
get
with a good psychologist.

Well, I do have a problem w/ a lot of them...every time I see them I
think mostly of the waste of my tax money...

Me too,....

Then why are you advocating for it?

Not the government's job imo...

Because there are some things businesses will never do, especially when
they're loaded with product they can't get rid of. I know this will never
happen, though. Imagine the results of public service commercials that told
consumers to reconsider their choice of a pig vehicle. Legislators would
immediately be cut off from the perks they expect from corporate sponsors.
Golf courses would suffer terribly.

If "they're loaded with product they can't get rid of" they will quit
making that product...that's the market and not government's job.