Doug Miller

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

"SoCalMike" wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message

Kanter's right - we shouldn't touch the safety issue. That's a whole
'nother can of worms....

Not to send this discussion off into yet another direction, but if they
were safer, then agencies like the NY State Police would be driving
nothing but SUVs.

You don't suppose there might be other considerations more important to a
police agency than crash safety? Rapid acceleration and stability at high
speeds spring to mind...

i bet if you asked the cops themselves, theyd tell you theyd rather throw
around a crown vic during a high speed chase than an expedition.

I think you'd get that same response from ANYONE with more awareness than
your average hammer. :-)

Yet you were not aware that there might be any reasons, other than crash
safety, why the cops might rather have something other than an SUV...

--
Regards,