Doug Kanter

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .

I believe most of the US-imported oil currently comes from Canada and
Venezuela.And Mexico.

Supplied Domestically 38.2 %
Canada 9.2 %
Saudi Arabia 8.0 %
Venezuela 7.8 %
Mexico 7.0 %
Nigeria 4.5 %
Iraq* 3.7 %
United Kingdom 2.9 %
Norway 2.4 %
Colombia 2.7 %
Angola 2.0 %
All Other Countries 11.6 %

The numbers aren't hard to find online, but who cares? If it were
true, that would eliminate Curious George's only remaining reason for
our presence in Iraq. We can't have that happening - reality shifting
based on actual physical facts.

Ah,you don't know what the real facts are.
And you are mistaken about the Iraq war being about oil,along with many of
your other assumptions.

Well, let's see.....

1) Save the Iraqi people from further violence caused by their evil leader.
We succeeded at that. But, we've broken open a hornet's nest, and Iraqis are
being killed pretty much every day. And, we've done pretty much NOTHING in
places like Africa where genocide was taking place right on television. I
wonder why we ignored those other countries. Maybe because we already have
all the sorghum we need?

2) Deal with terrorism: You will now say "Well, you haven't seen a terrorist
attack in this country since we cleaned up Iraq, right?" My response:
They'll do it whenever they want, just as they did in London a couple of
days ago.

3) Deal with WMDs. Let's not even go there, OK?

4) Contain Saddam. No. He was already contained. And, his lousy attitude
gave us one of the best development and training environments the Air Force
could've hoped for. Fly over all day long, bomb the snots out of radar
installations with pretty much NO loss of life, test new electronics and
munitions without any complaints from anyone about upsetting endangered
frogs in the American desert - perfect.

Here's something fishy. Your president began waving his dick and making
threats about 6 months before the invasion. One moment, his sitters were
insinuating that they didn't trust the U.N. to achieve anything meaningful
with Iraq. The next moment, your president would say he was giving the U.N.
one last chance to do whatever it is he wanted them to do. So: "They're
pansies and we don't believe in their abilities, but we'll sit and wait".

Meanwhile, he gave the so-called enemy plenty of time to get ready.
Something stinks. There was a reason for waiting so long, and it is NOT the
"it takes time to plan an invasion" nonsense.