Doug Kanter

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .

The car
makers can reduce the price a little, but probably make more, since
most customers have no real idea how much cheaper it is to make a 2wd
vehicle. And, offer 4wd versions for people who explicitly ask for
them. I don't think many will.

Even more impractical.

Are you saying that offering a selection is impractical? Dealers do it
all the time with pickup trucks, or they'd be out of the truck
business insofar as tradespeople (who use trucks for work) are
concerned.

Why do you think something that is already happening is impractical?

Next you will be calling for a return to the 55mph National Motor Speed
Limit,from 1973.(which worked SO well)[not!]

Nice dodge, but you didn't answer the question. I suggested that consumers
be offered a much different choice when it comes to owning an SUV. And I
pointed out that the choices I'm suggesting are not so unusual TODAY if
you're buying a pickup truck. Or, at least those choices existed two days
ago when a friend of mine bought a new Toyota Tundra.

Are you saying that choices which already exist are impractical? Or, are you
saying that it would be too much to expect salespeople to explain the
choices?