Dave Liquorice

On 10 Jul 2005 04:42:42 -0700, wrote:

The pool cover I have is bright blue polythene and gets very hot in
the sun.

Would it be best to pull the cover taught over the pool so that it
does not touch the surface (i.e. a 6 inch gap between water and
cover), or let the cover sag so that it touches the water?

Is the cover just a sheet of polythene or does it have any insulation
properties?

If it's just sheet I'd let it sag onto the water during the day so
that you transfer as much heat as possible into the water but lift it
clear at night so you get the insulation of a layer of air.

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail