T i m

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:22:35 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

That is because they will not allow people to build on subsidised open
fields, paid to lay idle. Only 7.5% of the UK is built on, inc urban and
rural and inc gardens

Is that minus all the places not suitable for buildings though (like
half of Wales for example)?

Now I dare say even if they were included the numbers wouldn't be as
high as say Hong Kong but probably (much) lower than the USA / NZ, Auz
and possibly most of the rest of Europe?

Isn't one of our 'problems' the fact that we are pretty well spread
across the whole of the country (hence all the long distance
commuting) whereas places like Germany have more specific popluation
centres with big gaps of nothing in-between?

All the best ..

T i m