dadiOH

Hi woodworkers,
I have a 18" drum sander, standard type of
a unit. Problem is that every piece of timber I feed thru it turns out
to be concave shaped. Not all that noticeable if I just want to smooth
a surface, but when I join two pieces together the hollow is
noticeable. (like putting a straight edge along the timber)
I have tried everything I can think of but an answer illudes me.
Any suggestions appreciated.

How wide are the pieces?

I assume you have checked that the drum is flat (hard to think it
wouldn't be) so the only thing I can suggest is that you are trying to
remove too much material at once and that the paper isn't removing
equally everywhere. Even that is a stretch of the imagination but try
running the same piece through (at the same setting) 3- 4 times and see
if things improve.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...