Larry Jaques

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:07:39 -0600, the opaque Trevor Jones
clearly wrote:

Yeah, Larry, a good mechanic would have a pretty good grasp of this. In
a world where there are still a few retrograde idiots that will pick up
a running lawm mower to trim a hedge (as an example of extremes), that
particular hoist strikes be as a Darwin Award precursor.

If you realized how many items (and tools) in your life are
manufactured by the Chinese, Indian, Taiwanese, Japanese, Canuck or
American worker and minimum-wage/3rd-grade-dropout, you might be even
more afraid than you are now.

BUT, Darwin must be served, right? (Shhhh!) g

Do they actually sell jackstands tall enough to use with this hoist?
That would be a decent solution for the OP, if the welds were to be
trusted.

Almost any jack stand could be used as a safety device. Heck, a chunk
of log thicker than your body would work in many cases, too.

I will confess to not having downloaded the manual when I looked at the
item page on the HF site, as my fencewire connection told me it would
take about 10 minutes to download, and frankly, I was not that
interested in waiting for it, since I am not buying one.

One way around that is to open another browser windoew and download it
there while you browse elsewhere or peruse Usenet.

--
- Tom Mix Died For Your Sins -