Don Foreman

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:52:19 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 01:15:23 -0500, Don Foreman

BIG SNIP

I don't mind doing a wipe with a paper towel. Heck, I even smear
anti-sieze on aluminum lightbulb bases (scrwed into aluminum sockets)
to make them easy to extract when they die. Works a treat with baby
spots in track lights with no finger room.

Hey Don,

I've sure got to agree about the "stickiness" of aluminum base to
aluminum sockets, especially in 100 watt or greater and/or high-heat
operational bulbs. But how do you "apply" the anti-seize? I'd have
it all over the ceiling, and/or track-work, and/or lamp-shade, and/or
globe, and/or ladder, or, or, or, or, AND whatever else is within 6
feet if I did it the way I do a bolt or stud!!

My can of anti-sieze has a brush attached to the screw-on cap. I just
touch the bulb base with the brush, smear that very wee dab around
with my finger so it's nearly invisible, and wipe my finger on a
paper towel -- this all done in the garage.