Gunner

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 22:34:48 -0500, "B.B."
u wrote:

In article ,
Don Foreman wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 16:34:34 GMT, Ignoramus3635
wrote:

do you use teflon tapes when you screw in male adapters in your air
tools?

I prefer pipe dope, to avoid getting bits of teflon tape in the air
tool.

I've long wondered about this: wouldn't drops of pipe dope in the air
tool be equally hazardous?

Actually in my experience, YMMV, no, as the drops tend to bleed out
through the exhaust ports and whatnot if you goobered a bunch into the
pipeing.

I use teflon tape because it's cheaper and less of a mess--especially
with air tools that I'll be handling.

Pipe dope properly applied has little mess. But as I indicated in my
opinion..tape works for that sort of thing.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown