Bob Smith

Default Worktop worries...

"Bob" wrote in message

"G&M" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
I'm getting ready to tackle the last big job in my kitchen

renovations -
fitting laminate worktops.
I'm hiring a jig and router for next weekend, and I'm fairly confident

can
make a good job of it. I do still have a couple of questions that I'm

sure
you guys can help with :-)

I had the same worries but on the advice here bought a very good jigsaw
(Bosch) with down-cutting blades. Change these the moment the work

seems
to be getting difficult. With the first sink the (crap B&Q) blades were
blunting in only a couple of feet but some others from a woodworking

place
lasted a good two metres before I decided to replace them. They could

have
been used longer I'm sure but blades are cheap - worktops aren't.

Thanks, but I made a concious decision to steer clear of using a jigsaw.

know quite a few people recommend it, but I usually find it impossible to
get a perpendicular cut on thick items - the blade always seems to wander
off on its own path on the underside.

The router with a jig to guide it sounds much more likely to work

Bob

I used a jigsaw with downward cutting blades. Because they cut on the push
stroke, they are made extra thick, and don't seem to bend like ordinary
blades.

Bob