andrewpreece

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
ben wrote:
Anyone know of a quick way of doing this without the use of a
HeatGun?

Past experiance with heat guns tells me they dont last, even when
you let them cool down for 10/15 minutes.

Eh? My B&D must be 25 years old and still going strong. And it's been
used for hours at a time.

Heh! then the new type are crap, cos I have only stripped a Bedroom door

and
then started on the bay window 20 minutes after, it just died on me.

Are you sure it's dead, and not merely resting? These hot air guns tend to
come
with overheat cut-outs, and will shut down automatically after a certain
length of time.
You have to wait something like 10 minutes before they reset. Try it again,

Andy.