Hugo Nebula

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:38:20 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
nthng2snet randomly hit the
keyboard and produced:

I would like to build an extension to the rear of my house. I don't
think the next door neighbour would agree to me building on the
boundry line, in fact I want to avoid the issue with him altogether.
How far from the boundry line can I build without having to seek his
permission.

IANAPartyWallSurveyor, but a neighbour can't withhold permission
(under the Party Wall Act) for an extension on your land, just ensure
that it's constructed to avoid damage to his. See the info on the PWA
on the ODPM site.

You would need his permission to carry out the building operation
across your boundary, as well as for any gutters, eaves, etc. that
hang over. This would be civil law, and I doubt would be on a gov.
website.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"