Mary Fisher

"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:

Culling isn't sanitised killing, it's killing for a particular purpose -
reduce numbers of animals

The word "culling" is used to disguise the real term of killing for
convenience. It is deliberately intended to make it sound like something
other than murder.

No it isn't. Well, it might be in your imagination but not in fact. You
don't 'cull' animals which go to the slaughterhouse/abbatoir.

('pests') which are eating and destroying
vegetable crops.

No living creature is a pest, with the possible exception of Man. If your
crops are being eaten, then either put up with it, grow extra, or protect
it
better.

And if it's your vegetables which are being eaten so that you starve?

But "people like Mary"? I wonder what you think I'm like!

The sort of person I'm not. You appear to condone the killing of any
creature that you find inconvenient.

Not at all. I don't kill slugs or insects in my garden - including wasps.
Lots of people hereabouts think I'm odd for that. I don't kill mice in the
house. I don't kill any rat I see or birds in the garden. I only kill for
food.

You're not unique of course. To read
this group, is to see the people who say "I have rabbits / pidgeons / ants
/
mice / whatever, in my house / garden. I don't like it, how can I kill
them?" So sad that some refuse to live in harmony.

But I'm not one of those.

I don't know that I do, but what about the ones we don't know about? My
life
has been saved/extended by drugs which perhaps have been tested on
animals.
It's uncomfortable.

My list would include anyone involved in the blood "sports" activity,
transport of live animals, butchers and those who kill or injure animals
for
an occupation or hobby. This would of course include vivisectionists. Let
me say once again though that I would be just as much against any harm
coming to these 'people', but I prefer not to do business with them.

But if you wash yourself, your hair, your clothes, your dishes, the
products
you use (unless you make them yourself) have also been tested on animals.

Not the products that I use, I check for aminal test labels.

I think that you'd be very surprised at the products which are tested on
animals and don't bear labels. For instance, shampoos which claim not to
have been tested on animals probably haven't. But way back in the past some
of their ingredients will have been.

I'm sorry, Andy, you simply can't live in C21st Britain and escape it.

I will even
refuse medication and haven't taken any drug for as long as I can
remember,
because of the animal testing.

Well, perhaps if/when you develop a life threatening condition you just
might change your mind. I wasn't happy about taking drugs developed and made
by Zeneca because of their involvement in genetic modification. But when you
have cancer you tend to change your attitude.

It's uncomfortable.