Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

Those animals wouldn't exist if they weren't bred for food.

Of course they would, but not in the artificially high numbers
that we have now. For some reason, that's seen as a bad thing?

Of course if they're caged it's not good or fair, but assuming they
have a good but short life - like say lambs - which is the better?
Not to exist at all?

I would say the latter.

Now just to expand a little, I would have no problem with meat or animal
products if the creature lived naturally and died of old age etc. It is the
deliberate killing (sanitised "culling") that I greatly object to. I am
astonished that people like Mary can do it with absolutely no shame at all.

I have no time for the fanatic fringe either. Cruelty to any creature is
abhorrent, so how the ALF think violence and attrocity to humans is
justified is well beyond me. I do tend to refuse the business of known
animal abusers though.