Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 22:11:46 +0100, "Set Square"
wrote:

I know. But this news has made me lose the will to live!

Mary

As for saying that the whole country was behind the bid - that's another
bit
of New Labour spin - I haven't yet found *one* person who thinks it's a
good
idea!

Nor have I - but I know only a very small percentage of the UK population.
From listening to radio it seems that some people are pleased - Seb Coe, Ken
Livingstone, Tessa Jowell, and some sportsfolk.

I know *I'm* a heathen .. I'm not into art, poetry, books the balet
etc ..

I think you mean you're a philistine!

I just do what I do and don't expect (or want) anyone waving
flags or getting all excited over it? I have won it for me? If I win
a race a 'well done' or shake of the hand will suffice .. Maybe I'm
just not an extravert?

Well, I'm considered an extrovert but I never compete in anything either.
I've only done exams when forced to, I don't enter shows, I'm just not
interested. Totally unambitious.

Those who are are welcome to their accolades, I can't understand why we all
have to suffer the hysteria.

Mary