nthng2snet

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:34:16 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"nthng2snet" wrote in message
.. .
I would like to build an extension to the rear of my house. I don't
think the next door neighbour would agree to me building on the
boundry line, in fact I want to avoid the issue with him altogether.
How far from the boundry line can I build without having to seek his
permission. I have read that this is 300mm but can't find any
information from the odpm.gov. website to confirm this.

LOL!!! An extension to any property needs permission from everyone that can
overlook it. Everyone around your property within seeing distance needs to
receive a letter of objection to you building an extension. The have a time
limited option to send rejection notice to the council of them being
adversely effected by such a build. If they do not respond to the rejection
notice within the time limit, then you are allowed to go ahead with you
build.

The notice must contain a drawn plan of your proposed extension, clearly
showing where and what sizes it will be, its height, its colour, its etc.
etc. So you don't just ask your next door neighbour for consent, but
everyone that overlooks where you want to build.

Contact your local council planning department for more details on this.

This is not about consent to build an extention. Its about avoiding
hassle with an immediate nightnare neighbour.