Dave Plowman (News)

In article t,
Chip wrote:
As to wiring scenarios permitted but dangerous, to name a few we have
ring circuits, which allow the connection of 20A rated cable to a 30
amp circuit protective device. I know in practice they have proved
remarkably resilient, but they still give me the creeps. 1x 16A radial
per room, using 2.5mm cable with a _full size earth_ (none of this
cutdown 1.5mm earth in a 2.5 cable), maybe 2x20 amp radials for the
kitchen (on 4mm cable) would make me happier:-)

So you don't understand the principles of final ring circuits?

And 6amp lighting circuits with type B breakers, so that the lights on
the stairs go out at random (quite frequent) intervals is odd too.

Why would lights go out at random on the stairs?

--
*If I worked as much as others, I would do as little as they *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.