Chip

On 6 Jul 2005 15:07:55 -0700,it is alleged that
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

[snip]

This has been covered in some depth on this ng recently.

I thought it had. (I came in at the tail end I believe).
And the real
life stats bear it out: UK 30A rings are no danger at all.

Indeed not, I just don't like them very much:-)

1x 16A radial
per room, using 2.5mm cable with a _full size earth_ (none of this
cutdown 1.5mm earth in a 2.5 cable), maybe 2x20 amp radials for the
kitchen (on 4mm cable) would make me happier:-)

and increase death rates.

How would that increase death rates?

And 6amp lighting circuits with type B breakers, so that the lights on
the stairs go out at random (quite frequent) intervals is odd too.

yes, it is a bit. Type C gets recommended here, but Bs are still the
common choice.

Type C is good yes.

So nothing dangerous.

I keep thinking "halfway down the stairs when the lights go out" or
"carrying a pan of boiling water across the kitchen"

--
You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
- Indira Gandhi